Decision maker shifts are a tried and true signal of new business opportunities for media/marketing sales professionals.
Winmo’s research analysts have found that personnel movement, especially new hires and first-time chief marketing officers, are the number one predictive indicators that agency changes, media spending shifts and new martech investments will occur.
To help you strike while the iron is hot, we’ve compiled this list of top decision makers on the move from last week. Pro Tip: Keep in mind that when fresh talent takes the reigns, they tend to evaluate current efforts and start making changes within a three to 12 month window. Keep track of these shifts and start engaging new decision makers right away, you have a major advantage to secure new work and revenue ahead of your competition.
- Baltimore, MD-based Under Armour's CMO Andy Donkin has announced that he will leave the athletic/athleisure company at the end of November, along with Pamela Catlett, SVP and GM of UA's women's and youth categories.
- Impossible Foods, headquartered in Redwood, CA, has hired new execs to take growth to the next level, including Tara Kriese as marketing SVP, functioning as the CMO.
- Golden State Warriors, based in Oakland, CA, have added Jen Millet to its marketing team as marketing VP. She joins the Warriors from Pandora Media, where she served as consumer marketing VP for five months.
- Denver, CO-based Pure Barre's CMO Scott Breault has left the company after less than a year on the job, after joining the company in February.
- Merrell, a Wolverine World Wide-owned footwear brand with headquarters in Rockford, MI, has named Strick Walker, most recently CMO for Spindrift Beverage Company, as its new CMO.
- Jaguar Land Rover, with US headquarters in Mahwah, NJ, has hired auto marketing veteran Felix Bräutigam as CMO to replace Gerd Mäuser, who is retiring at the end of the year. Bräutigam joins the luxury automaker immediately, but won't take on full responsibility for marketing until January.
- The State of Colorado's first ever CMO Liz Cahill has stepped down. No decision on a replacement has been made yet, including whether one would be named at all.
- Higi, mobile health IT company based in Chicago, IL, recently acquired health tech platform EveryMove, naming its marketing lead Randy Wise as the new VP of marketing for Higi, following the recent departure of CMO Sheila McCormick.
- Front Burner Restaurants, with headquarters in Dallas, TX, has named Todd Ebert as its first CMO to lead marketing efforts and consumer engagement strategy for all of FB's brands.
- Green Dot Corporation, headquartered in Pasadena, CA, recently promoted CMO Brooke Norton Lais to chief brand officer, and has hired IBM marketer Jeff Spicer as its new CMO.
- Red Door Spas, by Miramar, FL-based Elizabeth Arden, has promoted CMO Elizabeth Whitman to president, and Alexandra Kremenski-Basso as its new marketing VP.
- Aegis Assisted Living, with headquarters in Redmond, WA, has hired Nordstrom marketing veteran Angie Snyder as CMO.
- Jerome's Furniture, headquartered in San Diego, CA, has named Jeff MacGurn as digital technology VP, where he will oversee digital for the brand, including digital media, social media, web presence, search and digital video. Previously, MacGurn served as performance marketing SVO for Mirum Agency.
Looking for a way to keep track of decision makers on the move at top advertisers, agencies and even entire industries? If you’re a Winmo customer, you can set up alerts to get push notifications about these changes in real time.
Not using Winmo? Start your trial today to let Winmo do the heavy lifting for you!